In order to ensure our guests have the best evening possible:
- We do not serve or sell alcohol but you can bring your own.
- Texas liquor stores close @ 9PM so be sure to get your liquor and beer before you come to colette
- We have set ups and ice available and a sexy bar staff to serve you.
- Photos are only allowed in designated photo op areas.
- Only patrons 21 years of age and over will be admitted.
As Covid-19 swept the world and caused major disruptions including loss of life, Jackie and I have thought most about how we can make you feel safe when returning to our clubs and the lifestyle we cherish.
We kept asking ourselves ‘what would make us feel more comfortable?’
We decided to send a survey asking you what would make you feel more at ease. We want you to know that we read EVERY single comment, took them into consideration, and will open colette Houston, Austin, Dallas and Bang Bang Social Club this weekend (Friday 5/22) as allowed by the Governor of Texas. New Orleans will likely open sometime in June…we will keep you updated.
As a matter of transparency, we are sharing the results of your opinions from over 1,500 responses.
Are you excited about going to the club again?
75% – Yes – we can’t wait!
15% – No – I’m not ready to venture out yet.
10% – No – We’re waiting for a vaccine/better treatment options before going anywhere.
For the 25% of you who responded that you’re not ready to go out yet, we completely understand and are working to see if we can continue the virtual parties so that you at least have that outlet for play!
How do you feel about masks in the club?
70% – I don’t mind if people do NOT wear one.
30% – I think everyone should wear one.
If we take our staff’s temperature before we open, that would…
71% – Make me feel more comfortable about attending.
29% – I don’t care either way.
How do you feel about having members’ temperature checked and they wouldn’t be allowed in if they had a fever?
92% – I’m ok with that.
8% – I think that’s invasive and wouldn’t feel comfortable having my temperature checked.
As a result of the survey and our commitment to safety, we hired a disinfectant consultant to the airline industry. He has written our protocol and is providing onsite training for each of our facilities consistent with the highest standards and recommendations.
The guidelines are based on known disinfectant processes outlined by the CDC, World Health Organization (WHO), the Presidential Task Force for Covid-19, infectious disease doctors and epidemiologists to keep our staff, our members and our guests as safe as possible.
The following is our plan to lead the industry so we can return to our new normal.
Our Team Members
- Will undergo Disinfectant and Protectant training.
- Will be required to have their temperature checked before clocking in each day. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be required to seek appropriate medical care.
- Will have hand sanitizer provided to them.
- Are required to inform management if a member of their family or someone they have been in contact with has been diagnosed with Covid-19.
- Are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and are complaining of a cough, fever, shortness of breath, chills, a new loss of taste or smell, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or other known symptoms of Covid-19.
- If we are alerted to a presumptive case of Covid-19 at one of our clubs, we will immediately shut down for 72 hours and hire an outside firm to thoroughly clean, disinfect and protect that particular property.
- Will be provided PPE to include latex gloves, masks and encouraged to wash their hands often.
Members and Guests Responsibility
- As a condition of entering our facilities, guests are attesting that they are free of Covid-19 symptoms and exposures.
- Good hygiene and frequent hand washing with soap is vital to help control the spread of the virus.
- Check in process
- All guests will have their temperature checked with a touchless thermometer prior to entering the club. A temperature of 100.4 or higher will require a secondary screening. The secondary screening will take place after five (5) minutes has elapsed.
- Maintain social distancing of 6′ if there is a line outside. The lobby will be limited to 5 couples at a time. We highly recommend pre purchasing your tickets to reduce wait time in the lobby.
- New members will use a provided stylus to sign the membership documents.
- The computer will be disinfected after each use.
- Use of hand sanitizers will be available throughout the club including the bathrooms, seating areas, bar and play rooms.
- If an elevator is present at the club only 1 couple is allowed in the elevator at a time unless consent is given to share the elevator.
Cleaning, Disinfecting and Protecting Protocols
- Each facility has been thoroughly deep cleaned to include the floors, carpets, furniture, counter tops, tables, bar, bathrooms, showers and playrooms using an EPA Registered, hospital grade, aviation approved cleaner disinfectant according to the product instructions.
- We are taking an extra step to apply a protectant that provides efficacy for 30 days against infectious diseases to include Hepatitis C, MERS, H1N1, SARS, Ebola and Covid19. This known product was developed in the 1960’s has been used by hospitals, nursing homes, food processing plants and the aviation industry for years and now we are making a substantial investment in the product and electrostatic spraying equipment to add that extra layer of confidence that we are doing everything in our power to make you safe.
- Continuous disinfecting to include:
- Wiping public areas throughout the evening o Disinfecting mattress covers during sheet changes o Hourly bathroom cleaning and disinfecting
- All bed linens will continue to be washed at a high temperature and in accordance to the CDC guidelines.
- Disposable cups instead of glasses will be utilized until further notice.
The well-being of our team members, club members, guests and community remains our HIGHEST PRIORITY. Thank you for your overwhelming response to our survey and continued online engagement and support. Jackie and I welcome you all with open arms and look forward to seeing you soon.
John & Jackie Melfi